Six ideas to help you make your living space warm and cozy when it's cold and windy outside.
When it gets cold outside, don't you just love the feeling you get when you snuggle up with something warm and cozy?
What if you could create that same warm feeling when you're inside at home, just by adding a few choice home decorating accessories? Well, you can!
Here are several cozy home decorating ideas to help you and your guests feel warmer at this time of year.
1. Move to Florida! Nah, just kidding.
2. Get out your favorite throw or fleece blanket, or buy a new one, and place it on your sofa for cuddling. During the daytime or when not in use, you can drape it on the back of your sofa to enjoy the pattern or picture on it and add a bit of "warmth" to your room.
3. Get that fireplace going that's been inactive all year. And if you don't have a fireplace, it's a great time to get some candles glowing in your home.
4. Add the scent of cinnamon, vanilla or other "warm" aromas to please you while you're indoors. Try a scented candle or use a fragrant oil in an oil warmer. Or, cook up some treat that will please your tastebuds and fragrance your home as well. You can bake some cinnamon rolls or enjoy some spiced hot cider, for instance.
5. Add pillows and fluffiness. There are many types of decorative pillows you can add to your living room, family room, and to your beds. These are good accessories that add a cozy feel to your rooms and they also are just plain fun to use- under your head, over your legs, hugged between your arms, they actually do help to keep you warm besides those throws you've gotten out.
6. Even if you don't move to Florida, you can still transport yourself to a tropical climate and start anticipating spring by adding a flowering plant or some cut flowers to your kitchen or dining room table. Include some palm tree low wattage lamps by your reading nook or on your nightstand. Get a CD of some Jimmy Buffet island music and enjoy relaxing to those tropical tunes.
So let the right textures, sights, scents and sounds hug you. And let your imagination take you to warmer places and no cares.
Liz Hekimian-Williams is owner of Giftsprings, a popular online shopping site for gifts, home decor and personalized gifts. Did you like this article? Then go to http://www.giftsprings.com and subscribe to the Giftsprings ezine. You'll get more articles like this, a new subscriber's discount coupon and sales alerts. Giftsprings 5373 Ehrlich Rd Ste 203, 169 - Tampa, FL 33625. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of the 1,000+ articles on Frugal Fun and Frugal Marketing have been gathered into magazines. If you'd like to read more great content on these topics, please click on the name of the magazine you'd like to visit.
Global Travel Review - Global Arts Review - Peace & Politics Magazine
Frugal Marketing Tips - Frugal Fun Tips - Positive Power of Principled Profit
Site copyright © 1996-2011 by Shel Horowitz