Shel Horowitz's Monthly Frugal Fun Tip for July, 2002
Been a while since we've had a romance column! A whole year and a half, in fact. Too long!
This is the time of year when my Northern Hemisphere readers get hot and lethargic. It's hard to think romantic when the temperature outside is higher than normal body temperature. The other day, our local bank thermometer said 100 degrees Fahrenheit!
But summer is a great time to be sexy together! In fact, you don't have to worry about keeping warm, so lots of things that wouldn't be possible in the winter become possible now. Here are a few ideas.
* Swim together and take turns throwing each other in the water, giving each other piggy-back rides, or just hugging tightly while you stand in cool water up to your chin.
* Get an ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce (or something else); feed each other tender morsels
* Sit in an air conditioned cafe, reading love stories to each other over iced cappuccino
* Throw on some rock and roll, pull the shades, and dance together (clothing optional).
* Dim the lights and do a sexy striptease for your partner
* A deep, relaxing, lengthy massage
* Find an old-fashioned soda fountain counter and share a large root beer float (yes, two straws!)
* Work up a really good sweat together with your favorite outdoor activity--and then cool off in the bathtub.
* Write a poem or song together, and perform it for each other
* Go out for an early morning hike, before it gets too hot
* Make a gourmet fruit soup in the blender, and serve it with a mint leaf and perhaps a scoop of ice cream
* Set up a double-bed hammock in a shady spot on your porch or in your yard
Return to the Frugal Fun Tips Archives
Many of the 1,000+ articles on Frugal Fun and Frugal Marketing have been gathered into magazines. If you'd like to read more great content on these topics, please click on the name of the magazine you'd like to visit.
Global Travel Review - Global Arts Review - Peace & Politics Magazine
Frugal Marketing Tips - Frugal Fun Tips - Positive Power of Principled Profit
Site copyright © 1996-2011 by Shel Horowitz