Are you in debt? If so, then you may be struggling for extra cash to pay off your debts and this article was written for you. We'll list a few ideas here for you to get some extra money. Now just promise to spend that money on your debt and not at the mall!
1. Have a yard sale. Are you still saving a bunch of stuff in your garage for a rainy day? Why not pull it out, clean it up and sell it for a few dollars. Your garage will look better and your debt balance will be reduced. Don't forget to check the closets and attic. Get the neighbors to join you and you'll draw more attention for your sale.
2. Get a part-time job. Even if it's just a few hours on the weekend, you can put that money towards a debt and achieve your financial freedom goals a lot quicker. If you want to be at home, have you considered baby sitting or tutoring? If you want to work out of the home, there are many places to select from. Look for something that you enjoy doing. Determine how much you want to earn and apply every paycheck to debt. Once you've reached your goal, quit, unless you enjoy it so much that you want to set another goal for yourself.
3. Sell something that is a cash drain. Do you have a boat in your backyard? How about a motorcycle or extra car that you never drive? Sell it. These items can drain you financially like water dripping from a leaky faucet with insurance, registration, maintenance and other costs.. If you use them a lot, great, but if you've taken the boat out once in three years, sell it.
4. Rent out a spare room. This can bring in some good quick money. You'll lose some privacy but if you really need the cash, it might be worth it for a short time. Be sure and do a thorough reference check on your guest.
5. Quit drinking and smoking. The amount spent on these two items might surprise you. Can you give it up? If you don't drink or smoke, try giving up juice and soda for a month and drink water instead. Not only is it much healthier but it will save you even more.
6. Track your spending for one month. Every time you spend money (no matter how little), write it down in a notebook. Account for every penny spent for one whole month and you will be much more aware of where your money is going and where you can cut back. You may even find yourself with some extra money at the end of the month. If so, use it to pay off debt.
7. Cancel cable TV. Yes, you can live without it for 6 months or so. Determine how much you want to save, calculate the length of time needed to save that money and then each month, write a check to your savings account or credit card company.
8. Recycle some trash. Collect cans, glass bottles, newspapers or whatever a recycling center will pay you for. Get your family involved and collect as much as you can during the month. Make money while making the world a better place.
9. Turn a hobby into cash. Is there something you love to do that you can profit from? There are many local retail stores or consignment shops that may be willing to place samples or sell on consignment terms.
10. Pack your own lunch and coffee. Just those two purchases alone can add up to quite a sum of money on a monthly basis. If you are used to eating out every day and stopping for coffee in the morning, try reducing it to just 1 or two days a week. Pack it from home the remaining days. Apply your savings to debt.
There you have it: Ten easy ways to get some extra cash. Pick one and start today. If you are really brave (or serious) pick three or four and reach your financial goals even sooner.
Doris Dobkins is a money saving expert, author and speaker and has helped thousands of people find ways to save money and get out of debt.
Are you Finally ready to become 100% Debt Free and Financially Secure? With "Get Out of Debt Now!" guaranteed to teach you the step-by secrets of frugal living and smarter use of your money! Includes new CD ROM with extra bonuses and new information. http://www.creativefinances.com
Many of the 1,000+ articles on Frugal Fun and Frugal Marketing have been gathered into magazines. If you'd like to read more great content on these topics, please click on the name of the magazine you'd like to visit.
Global Travel Review - Global Arts Review - Peace & Politics Magazine
Frugal Marketing Tips - Frugal Fun Tips - Positive Power of Principled Profit
Site copyright © 1996-2011 by Shel Horowitz